Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Must see hilarious video on the Keystone XL pipeline

Breaking Up With Keystone XL and Dirty Energy - It's Not Us, It's You 


DeSmogBlog, July 14, 2012. This is a guest post by Heather Libby. 


A new video from the Post Carbon Institute pokes fun at the Keystone XL pipeline’s tendency to reappear no matter how very little we want it around - much like an ex-boyfriend who won’t get the hint. 


Like many in the environmental movement, I was thrilled when President Obama denied the permit for the Keystone XL pipeline. I really thought it was the end of the Keystone XL. Silly me. 


Within weeks, Republicans were looking for new ways to resubmit the Keystone XL plan. Mitt Romney has said he’ll make approving the Keystone XL a priority for his first day in office if he wins. 


Seeing all of this, I was frustrated and felt disenfranchised. So I did what I always do in that situation: write comedy. 


All I could think of was how much pipeline companies like Transcanada, Enbridge, Shell and Kinder Morgan reminded me of guys who simply won’t take no for an answer. They're going to keep coming back no matter what we tell them, unless we cut them off for good - and remove their subsidies.


Fortunately there are many organizations - including 350.org and Oil Change International who are working hard to convince governments that eliminating subsidies is the right thing to do for our energy future. 


Don’t you think it’s time we end this dirty relationship? 


Desmogblog (http://s.tt/1iTOH)

No comments: